A Brief History of District Two
District Two is part of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) which was formed by the merger of the American Federation of Advertising and the Western Advertising Federation in 1967. As one of 15 districts in the AAF, District Two currently represents 13 local advertising clubs and 38 college chapters from Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. The 7,500 members of these local advertising clubs represents advertisers, agencies, media, and industry service companies alike.
The full Board of Directors for District Two is comprised of all club/federation Presidents and the District 2 Executive Committee. Our leadership position is based on truly dedicated professionals who selflessly give their time, services and efforts for the betterment District Two and the AAF.
Our district is one of the premier Districts of the AAF. Why?
- We are the home and creator to many of the major AAF functions: Advertising Hall of Fame, Advertising Hall of Achievement, and the Diversity Awards, now known as the Mosaic Awards.
- We also have the largest group of college chapters competing in the National Student Advertising Competition and have placed very well throughout the years.
- More major corporate members of the AAF are headquartered in our District than any other.
- Our ADDY’s are among the most successful in the country for both our clubs and the District.
- We have five clubs in the 500+ membership category (Division 1).
- Have provided the National AAF with more Chairpersons than most other Districts.
As members of the Eastern Region, we are comprised of Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7.
District 1 – Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
District 2 – Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania
District 3 – North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia
District 4 – Florida, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
District 7 – Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Southeast Louisiana, Tennessee